Tuesday 11 July 2017

When Dramaturgy Becomes Magic: Gypsy Wood @ Edfringe 2017

Peter & Bambi Heaven’s new comedy show ‘When Love Becomes Magic’ will be at the Assembly George Square Piccolo Tent for the month of August for tickets go to www.edfringe.com

What was the inspiration for this performance?

My comedy partner and I wanted to create
a variety show where we could make fun of all the things we took seriously as artists in our 20’s. We are having the best revenge.



Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas? 

Absolutely I get so excited when I see so many different people at shows having theatre experiences. I hope in my lifetime I see more diversity at festivals and more ideas being explored.   


How did you become interested in making performance?

I was forced into it from a young age.


Is there any particular approach to the making of the show?

We try to have fun then we fight then make stuff.


Does the show fit with your usual productions?
Comedy is new for me. I’ve been a burlesque dancer and stripper most of my performing life. But so far I’m really excited and feel passionate about the work. 


What do you hope that the audience will
experience?

Love magic and shocking twists


What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience?

We try to set up a show that’s could be real and then we just crash the whole thing. So much fun! 




No comments :

Post a Comment