Saturday 15 July 2017

The Dramaturgy Show: Naz Osmanoglu



Naz Osmanoglu performs The Naz Show at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe at Just The Tonic, The Caves from 3rd -25th Aug at 2:45pm. More info and tickets are available at 



What was the inspiration for this performance?
Well I have done nine sketch shows in Edinburgh and three stand up shows and I didn’t really want to do the same again so I thought I’d try and merge them into one. This way I feel like I’m doing something different whilst still doing what I love doing.

Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas? 
For me, it’s the best way to discuss ideas in public. You can say a lot more as you can demonstrate how you feel about things, and also show how complicated ones emotional response to ideas can be. More importantly you don’t have to take yourself or your ideas too seriously. 

Is there any particular approach to the making of the show?
First I panic. Then I come up with a voice, some sort of gait and walk around my flat talking to myself for hours and recording it. Then I delete 99% of it and start again. Eventually I have a few voices, a few walks and I try to figure out how all these characters could interact. 

Now I start trying it out in front of people. I get rid of 99% of it, then I start again. And again. And again. Panic more. Oh look I’ve run out of time. Now I catch the train to Edinburgh, close my eyes and walk on stage. Done.

Does the show fit with your usual productions?
Well this year is a bit different. I was with my sketch group WitTank for many years and we have disbanded now, so its my first foray into solo sketch and character work.

What do you hope that the audience will experience?
Fun. Energy. Belly laughter and the want for more. 


Naz Osmanoglu performs The Naz Show at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe at Just The Tonic, The Caves from 3rd -25th Aug at 2:45pm. More info and tickets are available at nazosmanoglu.com 

No comments :

Post a Comment