Monday 10 July 2017

Retrosexual Dramaturgy: Mike Bubbins @ Edfringe 2017

Mike Bubbins’s new stand up show ‘Retrosexual Male’ will be at the Assembly George Square 4 for the month of August for tickets go to www.edfringe.com


What was the inspiration for this performance?

I love making people laugh. I’m very in touch with my Retrosexual side. And Burt Reynolds. Always Burt Reynolds.
Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas? 


I’m not sure. That sounds a bit like heckling. Is it heckling?
How did you become interested in making performance?

It was more that performance became interested in making me.
Is there any particular approach to the making of the show?

Yes. I try to make lots of medium-length funny bits and then join them together with shorter funny bits.
Does the show fit with your usual productions?

Absolutely. That is to say, I think so. Yes.
What do you hope that the audience will experience?

Laughter. Maybe the warm glow of a shared collection. Maybe the younger members will have their curiosity piqued. But laughter is the main thing I’m hoping for. Otherwise I’m in trouble.
What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience?


Just writing the funny stuff, really. And performing it. And dressing the part. And smelling nice.



No comments :

Post a Comment