Tuesday 23 February 2016

No Friends


My family watches television. I don't. This ensures a mutual incomprehension between us. 

To be clear, I watch certain programmes, but through the medium of the internet or pre-recorded DVDs. I'm trying to get through the adaptation of Constantine on Amazon Prime at the moment. But I do not have a television, and regard, perhaps fancifully, my viewing as more self-controlled, more selective.

Whatever, Friends seems to have been on in the background for
days and days. Constant repeats of episodes, in diverse sequences, sometimes themed, sometime chronological.

And I've decided that it is propaganda. Of course I have.

Friends has one plot: the one where an outsider attempts to join the group, but is eventually repelled. 

No comments :

Post a Comment