Friday 23 January 2015

Claire Lamond @ Manipulate




Scotland is at the heart of her work - even down to the clothes that the climate encourages.  'My feelings and observations about Scotland, both conscious and subconscious, are massive influences,' she says. 'Woollens and textiles to keep warm with for a start!' She does, however, have a passion for Scottish art. 

'I've ended up having lots of shots in my films focussing on faces showing moments of unspoken words that simmer under the surface but that we're culturally afraid to say. I suppose I've gleaned this interpretation of our culture from all sorts of creators: writers like Anne Donovan, Lewis Grassic Gibbon, Iain Crichton Smith: poets like Liz Lochhead, Christine de Luca; artists like Victoria Crowe, Ken Currie.'


No comments :

Post a Comment