Saturday 15 March 2014

More From the Beard at Cottier's

Daniel's Beard - one of the groups behind the Cottier's Chamber Project - has suggested a solution to my terror at trying to catch everything in the festival: I take time off work. Unfortunately, since my job involves going to see stuff, taking the fortnight off work would mean tidying my house and not going to concerts or theatres. So I'll list a few more events for people who have a life, and might like to augment it.

It is inevitable that the referendum vote is making its presence felt, even at a music festival. And so, there will be an In Conversation session, where several prominent arts journalists will be discussing the directions that Scotland's cultural world might take following the referendum vote in September.

I might try to attend this, since I probably better work on having some kind of opinion. But I am more excited about Daniel's Beard getting down with the Currie and Quirk Shostakovich Series - a cycle of all 15 of Shostakovich's string quartets (other quartets are available in this sequence, including the Maxwell Quartet, Fejes Quartet, Edinburgh Quartet and Glasgow String Quartet).

And there's a showing of the film about old people doing music, A Late Quartet, (with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Christopher Walken), at The Grosvenor cinema. And there is some dance action programmed...

In the meantime, here's The Beard in action...







No comments :

Post a Comment