Sunday 30 September 2012

Red Note are Quite Social


Quite obviously, the mind behind Social Media Week is a fan of The Vile Arts Radio Hour. The Hour lasts for at least one hundred and twenty minutes every week - sometimes I try and see how long I can broadcast before the station stops me, and Social Media Week has been running from Monday 24th September and ends on Saturday 6th October.

So, it's either respect for the concept busting pioneered by me, or an inability to count. I'd be careful about their statistics when they start talking about how many people got involved.

One of my favourite classical ensembles have done a project for the Week, though. That said, I thought this was supposed to be a Glasgow event, and it's Edinburgh's Red Note that are getting involved. That John Harris is not a man for boundaries, I guess. The ensemble's repertoire proves that much...

Anyway, here's the invitation... Red Note are looking for noise. 

To take part in Noisy Noises please record 20-30 seconds of your favourite noise on your phone and email the mp3 to noisynoises@rednoteensemble.com by midnight on Saturday 6th October and we'll upload them. The ones we like the best we'll make in to a collage and play them at Noisy Nights at the Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh on Monday 8th October, so come and hear your sounds played in public...

I'm just getting Eric to record this week's Radio Hour on his phone... well, the bits where I am talking, anyway. They are my favourites... if we divide them up... say, an hour of my voice... then cut to around 20 seconds each submission... I think we can submit 180 different clips...

So unless you really want the performance on Monday 8th October to consist of an extended mash up of me talking about hip hop, anime, Amanda Monfrooe and the SMHFAF (it's some episode tomorrow, and some people might even prefer it with guests, please take up this chance...

 










No comments :

Post a Comment